Key Benefits of using the AC-AXION-8
Invisible Compression - ICT is a technology we developed to ensure 18Gbps distribution over standard category cable. That means what you put in is what you see on the screen. No need to worry about compression artifacts and banding like you find with other compression methods.
Ultimate HDR Support - This matrix supports all flavors of HDR in all formats. Including HDR, HDR10, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, HLG, BBC, and NHK. All of them are permitted in up to 4K 60Hz and up to 12 Bit Deep Color. All color space compressions are compatible.
Extreme EDID Management - With 29 onboard EDID's, including HDR EDID's, not getting a picture is simply a thing of the past. You can manage the input side of the switch by selecting a preloaded EDID. It also can INSTANTLY read an EDID from any connected display and apply it to the desired input, all with the push of a button. Goodbye, EDID problems...
Front Panel Screen - Make setup a breeze! The front panel allows you to do basic configurations, including; EDID, Audio, Matrixing, and network. All without connecting a PC or hooking anything up. This additional mode of control is a welcome resource on the job site.
AXION Interface - Full matrix control is available on the internal WebOS - Plug the matrix into the network and punch in the default IP (192.168.1.239) or use DHCP to connect to a complete control system! The AXION Interface is scalable for mobile devices, so feel free to use your phone or tablet for real-time control.
Resolution Downscaling - Are you installing a hybrid system with a combination of 4K and 1080p displays? No problem with this unit. The AC-AXION-8 has built-in down scalers throughout each HDBaseT output. You can downscale 4K to 1080p, and this will ensure you never send a 4K signal to a display that isn't able to process the picture.
Audio Downmixing - There is no need to set your source to 2-channel, no matter what kind of audio this matrix switcher receives. Converting audio to 2-channel in the matrix allows you to deliver Dolby Atmos sound to a home theater and 2-channel audio to a bedroom simultaneously.
Dual Audio De-Embedding - Our unique Audio De-Embedding allows:
- The user can extract 2 Channel PCM audio from each output. NOTE: the Analog Port only supports 2CH PCM
- It features four digital optical Toslink outputs with support for 7CH LPCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital +, DTS, DTS Master Audio.
- Extracted audio routing options include
- Bind to output (extracted audio swaps with the video, this is the default mode)
- Bind to input (extracted audio is fixed to the corresponding input by the same number)
- Independent (extracted audio is routed however integrators like and there are commands to allow it to function as a separate matrix)
Volume Control - The ability to manage the sound of an installation is essential. AVPro makes that process easier by allowing you to control the volume of each of the de-embedded audio outputs separately via control commands.
Easier Installation ~ With the AVPro Edge User Interface, many easily accessible tools are available inside our web-based user interface. Installers of all experience levels can fully deploy large video distribution systems more effortlessly than ever before. Companies will do more jobs and increase profits by finishing installs quicker and saving experienced technicians time and energy to direct towards new installations.
Identify Issues Before Leaving the Job Site ~ The AVPro Edge User Interface allows integrators to follow up and check each video signal's health. If there is an issue, integrators can use the HDMI and HDBaseT diagnosis tools to narrow down if there is an issue with the cabling, EDID, or resolutions. Integrators can leave a site confident that they won't have to be back while conveying an expert installation to their clients and earning more money. Ensure integrator technicians are working on new installs and fixing systems that should already be wrapped up.
Built-In Simple Video Switching Control ~ With Admin control, integrators can set up a user with limited access to the User Interface. This feature is perfect for smaller bars and restaurants that need to have their staff control straightforward source switching without having access to the entire setup, diagnostics commands, or volume controls. In some instances, this can help integrators work around some clients' budget restraints, gaining installations they might not have won without the flexibility AVPro Edge products provide.
Full Feature Set
- HDMI 2.0(a/b)
- 18Gbps Bandwidth Support
- 4K60 4:4:4 Support
- Ultimate HDR Support (HDR 10 & 12 Bit)
- Dolby Vision, HDR10+ and HLG Support
- HDCP 2.3 (and all earlier versions supported)
- Simple setup with front panel control screen
- AXION Interface for simple connectivity and control/management
- Advanced EDID Management
- IR, RS-232, and LAN Control Options
- Front Panel Control
- Driver Support for Crestron, C4, RTI, ELAN, and more!
- Digital Toslink Out (7CH PCM, DD, DTS)
- Balanced Analog Output (Always downmixed)
- Audio Delay for Digital & Analog Out
- Extracted Audio Has 3 Operating Modes. Bound to Input, Bound to Output, or Independent Matrix
- Mirrored HDMI Outputs include unimpeded Audio
- Built-in Downmixer
- Built-in Downscalers
- ICT used in the HDBaseT outputs
- Volume Control
What's in the box?
- AC-AXION-8 (Matrix Switch)
- 2 x 48v Power Supplies
- 1 x IR Remote Control
- Rack Ears
- 9 x 3-Pin Terminal Blocks
- 8 x 5-Pin to 2ch Audio Extraction Cable